Machine-free Honey Ice-Cream

Machine-free Honey Ice-cream

A few days ago I discovered this amazing blog The Stone Soup that suggests lots of simple recipes with the minimum of ingredients and equipment, which really appeals to me. And can you imagine - Jules, the author of this blog, possesses the secret of making ice-cream without an ice-cream machine! Isn’t this wonderful? It’s only made with cream and honey. Which means my ice-cream mixture was ready in about 10 minutes, plus about 6 hours for freezing. Or maybe 7. That’s it. I left it in the freezer overnight and it still remained soft and creamy - simply unbelievable! I really like the idea of making 100% natural (well, as natural as store-bought cream can be) ice-cream at home. Until now I’ve only experimented with different kinds of sorbet.

I couldn’t resist decorating my ice-cream with pictachios just as Jules did it - mine were slightly salted and this touch of salt worked great with the sweetness of the honey-flavoured ice-cream and the dried dates that I also used as a garnish.

Machine-free Honey Ice-cream

My ingredients
1/2 cup buckwheat honey
2 1/2 cups cream (35% milk fat)*
Pistachios and dried dates for serving

*Jules used single and double cream (which is 45 to 48% milk fat), but unfortunately we only have “single” cream here

Serves 6-8

Jules’ original recipe

Heat honey on a low heat until runny. Add 1/2 of the cream and stir until smooth.
Whip the remaining cream until soft peaks form and add to the honey&cream mixture. Stir well (I noticed that the whipped cream tended to float to the top so I needed to stir through the mixture really well).
Place the ice-cream mixture in a freeze proof container and freeze for 6-8 hours.
Serve with pistachios and dates or any other way you like.

Machine-free Honey Ice-cream with Dates and Pistachios

Machine-free Honey Ice-cream

Machine-free Honey Ice-cream with Pistachios

Category: Beyond Eastern Europe

Tagged: , ,

1. I also saw that recipe and loved it. Did not have a chance to try it yet, because I’m doing detox this week, but will certainly make it soon. Love your pictures and the addition of pistachios!
    P.s. I am going to stumble this post :-)

2. melrose says:

Super recipe, I have something similar
    LINK

3. Machine free iT’s for me!
    A great ice-cream!
    iza:)

4. E says:

This looks so simple and delicious! Thanks for sharing.

5. noobcook says:

love recipes for ice cream without using ice cream maker. They look just as delectable :)

• Karami says:

Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and teetsd to see if it can survive a thirty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

6. KIM says:

I love this, everyone seems to have amn ice cream maker, but me. LOL I love honey and i know the family will love this, i am picturing little flecks of vanilla bean…… great photos also!

7. Alina says:

Thank you so much for all your comments!.. I’m now a huge fan of the Stone Soup :) I love *really simple* recipes!

8. LimeCake says:

Hi this looks divine. And so simple, which is the best part. If you like no-machine ice creams, you have to try this:

cheers!

9. Christina says:

I must try this!

10. [...] However, I can’t take any of the credit. I found this fabulous recipe courtesy of Alina @ Russian Season (one of my favourite blogs) and she found it @ the Stone Soup. My children thank-you both, as do I. [...]

11. [...] lukewarm with a scoop of ice-cream. You might want to try home-made Honey&Cream ice-cream for [...]

12. Thanks for this yummy! Ice Cream Method i will try it’s out for sure.

• Vanisree says:

Hi there would you mind letting me know which web host you’re wkoirng with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a fair price? Kudos, I appreciate it!

13. Lebovitz’s machine free ice cream with Thomas Keller’s Truffled Honey … since I still don’t have an ice cream maker.

• Dora says:

Woah! I’m really linovg the template/theme of this website. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s tough to get that perfect balance between usability and appearance. I must say you’ve done a great job with this. Additionally, the blog loads super fast for me on Internet explorer. Exceptional Blog!

• In awe of that answer! Really cool!

14. Grosfillex says:

We’ve shared some of our favorite ways to make ice cream without a machine.

• Pranjal says:

I really like your blog.. very nice colros & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. many thanks

15. ping says:

OOoohhh … this looks so do-able! I don’t have an ice cream machine either. I can’t wait to make this! Thanks so much!

16. Hui Morando says:

The meaning of the phrase “ice cream” varies from one country to another. Phrases such as “frozen custard”, “frozen yogurt”, “sorbet”, “gelato” and others are used to distinguish different varieties and styles. In some countries, such as the United States, the phrase “ice cream” applies only to a specific variety, and most governments regulate the commercial use of the various terms according to the relative quantities of the main ingredients.

17. Asking questions are in fact nice thing if you are not
    understanding something completely, but this
    article provides good understanding even.

Here is my weblog :: quantum garage door opener

18. Also, the games that you will purchase are relatively inexpensive.
    Life is too short to worry about who or what others are doing or thinking.

Folks and young people, men along with women may barely last to submerge to the fervor
    world to generate a trade town and likewise city.

my site :: Clash of Clans Triche Gemmes Illimité

19. Hi there, its good paragraph concerning media print, we all be aware
    of media is a fantastic source of data.

Here is my web-site - garage door repair

20. Amazing blog! Do you have any recommendations for
    aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own blog
    soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with
    a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
    There are so many choices out there that I’m totally overwhelmed ..
    Any recommendations? Appreciate it!

Feel free to surf to my website; wayne dalton garage door opener remote

21. Right now it seems like Movable Type is the best blogging platform out there right now.
    (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

22. cai frumosi says:

And another advantage of this platform is open source Android OS
    supports third party applications and developers of free access to all countries.
    It automatically triggers the purchase requests from
    within the store instead of the developer having
    to implement that on his own. Wikipad is now the
    thinnest and lightest Android equipped tablet with 1.

23. Full Article says:

People are migrating towards the easier and
    faster types of newspaper and tv these days. t the most suitable choice to get an update within the world news.

Article Title: The News Media Whispers the Truth about the Petit
    Family Massacre. The reception from the population wasoverwhelmingly positive.

24. “Why not merely de-activate the flights and secure the borders. Neighbors were shocked that any crime might happen there. Get Every New Air Travel Article Delivered Instantly. 4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.

25. Publishers which have rendered the switch already have realized
    the huge benefits and profits. Neighbors were shocked that any crime might happen there.
    Our professional pet-care services includesboarding, grooming, training, available in Korea.
    The international news media has been dominated by the US
    and UK, mainly the CNN and BBC.

26. Source says:

It’s also easy to make your own personal show if you wish to accomplish so.
    500 dollars cars are available today for sale in China, India plus the most of Asia.

Our professional pet-care services includesboarding, grooming, training, available nowadays in Korea.
    Newspapers are like a warehouse of information highlighting different segments.

27. His role inside team is associated with an all-rounder, basically batsman. Other comments included “GOD is arriving back therefore you Mr. ll can’t say for sure the quantity of future victims of these crimes might are actually spared. Most preferred medium of news in India is online Hindi News.

28. More Bonuses says:

“Why not merely banned the flights and secure the borders. Other comments included “GOD is resulting back and also you Mr.
    Article Title: The News Media Whispers the Truth about
    the Petit Family Massacre. 4pt; mso-para-margin-top:
    0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.

29. Related Site says:

People are migrating on the easier and faster strategies to advertising these days.

Another bizarre study executed is about the position used
    inside lavatory. SADC program has assisted various states inside region get ready
    for ICAO audits. He also became first Indian player to carry this record inside
    International Cricket.

30. Having smart phones, tablets, and laptops by our sides, we can browse news,
     anytime and anywhere. t a good choice when getting an update within the world news.
    Besides, where is that supposed lake water now. Its county seat would be the capital of scotland- Rochester
    which will be the location in the Monroe county jail.

31. Website says:

Having smart phones, tablets, and laptops by our sides, we can browse news, anytime and anywhere.
    If yes then get online, as respond to every such question for you is available for the internet.

Though you will find those who speak other languages too but
    mostly Hindi is spoken inside a large region. For more info
    and also to see its other cool features, visit:.

32. This Site says:

Anyone can certainly browse the net and pay attention to about new
    perspectives and ideas from across the globe. ll don’t know the number of future victims of
    which crimes might have already been spared. Find Haryana news, Jharkhand news and Hindi News on every topic at jagranpost.

33. Keira says:

Greetings I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by
    accident, while I was researching on Google for something
    else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous
    post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have
    time to browse it all at the moment but I have saved
    it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please
    do keep up the fantastic work.

34. Hello it’s me, I aam also visiting this web site daily, this website is actually nce and tthe people are
    reaslly sharing good thoughts.

35. may be the right place when searching for the
    newest black videos or news. rajkumar patra and saswati sathpathy      love secret revealed.
    Latest News in Kerala is through the rainy and monsoon reason the routes
    of trains gets affected. Do you already know what the differences between Dual-core and Quad-Core CPU in a Android Car Stereo.

36. Home Page says:

These two states are key players within the growth and development of the country.
    One thing which he was famous for had not been looking inside past in order to determine
    the future. Some newspapers and magazines are available that published what is
    this great of some particular areas. Keeping abreast with
    all the latest Lebanon news happenings could be the simplest way to perform so.

37. Within matter of moments, they could be able to find out the many news
    of each and every happening in several websites.
    Media is now very active to supply and explore this news towards the people.
    Himachal Pradesh and Chhatisgarh are two states in India.
    This news provides each information in regards to the stock market, the benefits or losses inside the particular day.

38. Website says:

A study by researchers for the Harvard School of Public Health and Brigham and Women.
    The homepage itself displays what’s inside that website.
    Regarding the delivery from the bike parts you simply won’t have got complain at all.

The lifestyle news is additionally employed to understand the living style from the
    people that helps us a lot.

39. The same year he seemed to be selected as Director United Kung Fu Federation of North America.

In this busy life folks don’t get a lot of time to for themselves.
    From Mike Conley and Tony Allen to Chris Paul and John Wall.
    They would like to explore every form of news towards the viewers.

40. But the jungle doesn’t only provide garden-variety battle pets.
    But remember, don’t forget to take all things
    in moderation. The a few event has being chosen precisely remember how much audience.
    A fence of data continues to be formed due for the valuation on latest business news.

41. There are numerous sources present nowadays from
    which people could possibly get instant news every one of
    the times. All person need to become well-known about what is this great of the
    kinds of happenings. There are numerous news channels in India to supply a myriad of latest news.
    This news increases the information concerning the stock market, the benefits or losses inside the particular day.

42. We will be in the travel industry over ten years online. rajkumar patra and saswati sathpathy      love secret revealed.
    One thing I may do is read news stories about positive
    things. This news increases the information around
    the stock market, the gains or losses inside the particular
    day.

43. The same year he seemed to be selected as Director United Kung Fu Federation of North America.
    rajkumar patra and saswati sathpathy      love secret revealed.
    Zigger nailed Edge using the Zig Zag to shut the show.
    However, the infamous apple was not ever tested for cyanide.

44. may be the right place while searching for the newest black videos or news.
    , you are able to remain linked together with the happenings inside the
    black community. It’s the smart solution to the owner, the retailer,
    manchester international plus the customer. Lifestyle
    news and Indian economy news they are both most demanded
    parts of good news for people.

45. Drum South Africa gives its readers stories they won. So, the
    quantity of people indulged in every activity decides the India news.
    It’s the smart solution to the owner, the
    retailer, manchester international and also the customer.
    People, who deny knowing Hindi of the perception of division manufactured
    by states.

46. Bonuses says:

These two states are key players inside the growth and development
    of the country. In India hundred of newspapers published
    in weekly basis and daily basis. One thing I may do
    is read news stories about positive things. They are, more
    often than not, highly visible indicators
    that people are desperate.

47. Some on the Vietnam tours to contemplate while planning your adventure holidays are:
    . They frequently speak an alternative language as opposed to or perhaps
    in addition to Vietnamese. After you kick it, spring
    back behind the crates and go vulnerable to heal.

Trying to locate a beach visit Vietnam, then Phu Quoc has being on the list of top list.

48. Americans killed or poisoned all things in sight in Viet Nam with Agent
    Orange, including themselves. There may also be some extra fees you need to pay for example postal cost etc.

My Son, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is usually a group of ruins on the
    ancient Cham Empire. The first comfort woman monument from the US
    was organize in Palisades Park, NJ in 2010.

49. health says:

Take proper rest and adequate sleep so as to improve performance and motility.

Use petroleum jelly, honey or hydrogenated oil on you within a thick layer it is usually to bed.
    They employed to be the top substitute for repel squirrels.
    The aforementioned home cures are perfect to maintain healthy your urinary system.